Sunny Isles Beach Sales & Statistics
Sunny Isles Beach condo inventory today reflects 1,625 total condos for sale and 168 closed sales in the last 90 days with a median sale price value of $283 per square foot. With excessive inventory available, condo prices continue to declined in our local market as we find in the most recent Sunny Isles Condo Index.
Oceanfront residential market values noticed considerable price gains over the eight years spanning from 2009 to 2016. From early 2016 to now in 2019, we find ample supply with limited demand in this strong buyer’s market. For instance, dividing 51 condo sales over the last 30 days into our inventory of 1,625, we find a 32-month supply whereas a healthy market is 6 to 9 months of inventory.
New developments and Sunny Isles Beach resale inventory have been on the rise, especially within the high-end market segment at $5M+. In addition to the residential condo market shifting since 2016 in favor of buyers, we’ve also witnessed the gorgeous new developments on the South side with JADE Signature and on the North side with MUSE. New construction has taken over Collins Avenue with $5M+ oceanfront (resales) median list price values at $1,621 psf and as high as $4,155 per square foot.
Sunny Isles Beach Condo Inventory 5M+ 5-Year History
Last year, 242 Sunny Isles oceanfront condos sold (over $500,000) with an average sale price per square foot of $600 and at 91% of list price. Year to date, there have been 200 Sunny Isles Beach condos sold (over $500,000) with an average sale price per square foot at $621 psf (SP$/PSF) or a ~3% appreciation. Of those 200 sales, it has taken the seller 201 days to sell.
In a similar comparison of luxury oceanfront condos on Collins Avenue and available over $5M, we see 82 condos for sale today averaging $1,702 per square foot with an average list price of $8.660m.
Sold Condos priced $5M+ noted 5 sales in 2019 with the Median sale price value at $1,830 psf. Of the five sales, the Jade Signature Penthouse set a new area record as we will see below.
Values will climb again with time, but for now, the market is in strong favor of the buyer with exceptional values noted.
‘The Top 10’ Sunny Isles Beach Luxury Condo Sales
Reviewing The Top 10 luxury condos sold within the last 180 days, we find an average sale price per square foot of $1211 and an average asking price per square foot of $1,418 psf; a 15% discrepancy in what sellers want vs. what buyers are willing to pay.
- JADE Signature Sold #3001 & #2905 for $4.1m ($1,207 psf) & $3.735m ($1,272 psf) respectively/PH as the 2019 (record high sale) $2,015 psf
- Aqualina Sold #3703 at $3.5m / $793 psf
- Turnberry Ocean Colony Sold #1804 at $3.375m / $904 psf
- JADE Beach Sold #4304 at $3.1m / $749 psf
- Trump Palace Sold Penthouse #5509 at $3.785m / $914 psf
- Porsche Design Tower (5 Sales) #5205, #3605, #905, #3704, & #5004 each selling at $1,633 psf, $1,830 psf, $1,981 psf, $761 psf & $1,278 psf respectively.
JADE Beach Condo Trends
JADE Beach (17001 Collins Avenue) has ongoing construction as concrete restoration resumes to the East side of the building with an anticipated timeline of approximately another year to complete. With this Jade Beach restoration, we’ve experienced ongoing construction debris & noise nuisances which have impacted values both for rent and resale. The major short-term concerns are the East side terraces and swimming pool completely closed off with a blue translucent film covering the glass and limiting the desirable ocean views. The Westside is reopened with the small pool and west side terraces available again for use. This construction has created a major damper on renting as tenants simply don’t have the mental capacity and patience to deal with concrete restoration, limited views and the inability to use their terrace and pool.
It will be interesting to see rental & resale values continuing throughout this year as super low values have been noted for both rentals and resales. While short-term concerns have many alarmed, savvy buyers with a long-term outlook see past the noise and towards the future upside of Jade Beach and Sunny Isles Beach.
Jade Beach today has 29 resales (12% inventory) available today ranging from $789,000 (B1 Model) to $5.5M for a ‘Sky Villa’ (Two D2 models combined). The most impressive 3-Story ‘Sky Loft Penthouses’ each sold in 2015. Jade Beach condos offer one of the most attractive Collins Avenue locations plus excellent value when seeking the oceanfront lifestyle experienced only in Miami.
- The average JADE Beach list price per square foot reflects $986.
- There are 29 resales from $789,000 (B1 Model) to $5.5M (Combined D2 Models).
- In 2019 (YTD), 5 resales have occurred with a median sale price per square foot of $764 psf and 230 days on market.
- JADE Beach condos sold in 2018 reflect 10 sales at a median sale price value of $818 psf and 178 days on market.
- The median selling price per square foot in 2017 (7 total sales) was $877 at 243 days on market.
- The median selling price per square foot in 2016 (8 total sales) was $1,010 at 219 days on market.
- The record high sale price per square foot value of 2019 is $812, 2018 at $1,003, 2017 at $1,014 PSF — $1,129 PSF in 2016, $1,378 PSF in 2015, and $1,190 PSF in 2014.
As of SEPT 2019, there are 18 JADE Beach condos for rent ranging in asking prices from $3,900 (B1 model) to $14,500 (D2 Model). In 2019 (YTD), 16 Jade Beach condos have rented, ranging in values from $3,000 (B1 Model) to $14,500 (C Model).
JADE Ocean Condo Trends
JADE Ocean (17121 Collins Avenue) stands among the elite luxury condo towers of Sunny Isles Beach.
JADE Ocean has 49 (20% inventory) condo resales available today with a few extraordinary penthouses. Interiors on these JADE Penthouse condos range from 4 to 5 Bedrooms and from 4,300 to over 6,518 square feet. There are only 2 mirrored image ‘Sky Lofts’ (per Model) in each JADE Condo building, and very few penthouses can compare along Sunny Isles Beach. Today’s resale prices at Jade Ocean begin with 1 bedroom condos (B1&B2 floor plans) from $799,000 with larger 6 bedroom options as high as $6.850M.
While some prefer JADE Beach as a place to call home, JADE Ocean condos have consistently sold & leased at higher price points offering clear advantages to many.
- The average JADE Ocean list price per square foot is $1,148 psf.
- There are 49 resales from $799,000 (B1 Model) to $6.850M (#4604).
- In 2019 (YTD), 12 sales have occurred with a median sale price per square foot of $839 psf and 324 days on market.
- In 2018, 5 condos sold from $1.425M to $2.9M (C & E Models) at a median Sale Price value of $958 PSF and 107 days on market
- The median selling price per square foot in 2017 (11 total sales) was $991 PSF at 216 days on market.
- The median selling price per square foot in 2016 was $1,087 at 137 days on market.
- The record high sale price value of 2019 is $1,009 psf, in 2018, $1,169 PSF in 2017, $1,267 PSF in 2016, $1,513 PSF in 2015, and $1,397 PSF in 2014.of 2019 is $812,
There are 20 JADE Ocean rentals listed in SEPT 2019 with prices ranging from $4,200 for a B1 Model to $26,000 for a beautifully furnished (2-Story) D2 Model. In 2019 (YTD), 16 condos have been rented ranging in values from $3,600 (Furnished B1 model) to $18,000 (Furnished D2 Model).
JADE Signature Condo Trends
JADE Signature (16901 Collins Avenue) was completed early in 2018 and I’ve been excited about this ‘Signature’ addition along Sunny Isles Beach. Jade Signature offers spacious floor plans and expansive outdoor living environments. With the completion and closings behind us, there are many listed as excellent resale opportunities. The discounts and deals are apparent now 18 months post-delivery as speculators and their representatives begin to understand true market values from price reductions and lack of results in selling. On the flipside of that statement, a Jade Signature Penthouse #5503 just sold for $18.5M ($2,015 psf) setting the area records for an existing Sunny Isles Beach condominium.
Similar to Porsche Design Tower, Jade Signature will continue to show exceptional value for Florida’s Riviera. Why? A healthy building is considered less than 10% – today Jade Signature has 59 units or 31% available with many owners becoming landlords. My information is not always easy to digest but most importantly, I am honest and given my analytical approach, quite accurate. With now seventeen years experience brokering South Florida real estate, I’ve gone through the bubble burst of 2006-2009 successfully assisting many pre-construction buyer/speculators to make the right move… rinse & repeat now in 2019.
Jade Signature Condos are quite spacious and I am extremely bullish on the long-term success and future demand.
Contact me here to discuss an optimal strategy whether selling or leasing but in order of a successful outcome as a new owner:
- Enjoy the condo, it is new, spacious, and beautiful!
- Finish the interior, rent the condo, and ride out this strong buyer’s market – your losses will likely have tax advantages with profit on resales noted by 2022.
- Try to be the best-priced unit in your tier as the 2019 condo market dictates ‘real’ market values – any loss will hopefully be offset by currency conversion.
“We sold $51 million worth of units in the first quarter. The building, which launched sales in 2013, is “95% or 96% sold out.” – Carlos Defortuna
- Today’s new pricing has a median list price per square foot of $1,379 psf.
- My forecast for upcoming 2020 resale values is approximately $1,200+. Although the PH sale set an area record, this will not be the case on the majority of resale units; see Top Ten resale values above.
- There have been 5 sales noted this year on PH #5503 selling at $2,015 psf setting a new area record at $18.5M. The other four sales had a median sale price value at $1,233 psf and 332 days on market.
Jade Signature active rentals consist of 13 options ranging in values from $6,500 (1 BR+Den) to $25,000 for a 5 Bedroom. In 2019 (YTD), 13 condos have rented from $4,300 (1 BR) to $18,000 (4 BR).
Contact me here to discuss a strategy whether buying, selling, or leasing for an optimal game plan this new year.
Let’s Connect On…
Whether you’re seeking an amazing trophy home, a penthouse for sale, a remodeled condo, off-market & investment opportunities, vacant land for development, bulk condo investments, or simply relocation assistance for your family or team, I’ll have it customized and ready for you – contact me here and let’s discuss your ideas and vision here for South Florida’s residential real estate opportunities.
Be sure to join my group for monthly market insights, South Florida news, and exclusive coastal properties – covering South Beach, Miami Beach, Sunny Isles Beach, Aventura, Bal Harbour, Bay Harbor Islands, Surfside, Hollywood, Brickell, Downtown, Wynwood-Edgewater-Midtown, Key Biscayne, Bay Harbour Islands, Coconut Grove, Coral Gables, and coastal Fort Lauderdale (East of US1).
You have ONE life to live. You should expect the most from it. As you create your life’s legacy—through friendships, family, and professional accomplishments—you need partners on the journey who take the time to know and understand you and your goals. Professionals who seek to find the perfect place where your dreams can live and take shape in all that surrounds you, inspires you and reflects your values. At ONE Sotheby’s International Realty, that is what inspires our mission: to give extraordinary lives a home to thrive.
As markets evolve, core values, like leadership, integrity, and vision, endure. At ONE Sotheby’s International Realty, these values are supported by market knowledge and insights, the latest technology, and a global backbone of support and service, all grounded in the belief that the best experiences inspire the best decisions. – OnlywithONE
Your Vision is Our Inspiration.
I’m connected with the world’s best luxury real estate brand and a vast global network of friends & colleagues who offer a bespoke experience wherever you are in the world. Locally, I offer the very best in real estate knowledge and client services as a master broker-associate with the leading firm, ONE Sotheby’s International Realty. Why Sotheby’s? Because of the brand heritage, prestige, their propensity for perfection, and quite simply, the immense global reach in curating luxury goods and real estate. Since 2002, I’ve been successful in the South Florida residential market with knowledge, experience, and white-glove service that consistently exceeds expectations.
Stop Searching. Start Living. Let’s talk #888.38.DREAM or contact me for a curated property list of new residential opportunities matching your wants & needs here in South Florida.
The Miami Beach Real Estate Blog is an excellent resource for Southeast Florida residential real estate data, trends, and property information. South Florida’s population influx is an important factor in assisting our growth and resilience so check back often to uncover more about South Florida real estate opportunity and trends.
- ONE Sotheby’s & Ashton Coleman, P.A.
- Jade Beach, Jade Ocean & Jade Signature
- What’s My Home Worth Today?
- Marketing Your Property by Ashton Coleman
- ONE Sotheby’s International Realty | Marketing Affiliates
- Client Reviews & Testimonials
- Sotheby’s International Realty History/Overview
- Sotheby’s – An Overview and the Auction House
- ONE Sotheby’s International Realty History/Overview
An ALEXA Flash Briefing is now on Miami’s Residential Real Estate – if you’d like to hear new reports from the comforts of your home and have Amazon Alexa, simply enable and I’ll deliver the relevant news & statistics weekly simply by asking for the latest news or flash briefing!
Who You Are
You are a client – not a customer:
- Clients are under the protection of another.
- Customers purchase a commodity or service.
Knowledge is protection. As a client, you can expect confidentiality but also risk assessment with fully accurate information that you will understand, implement, and use to build your net worth.